Paypal Donatation

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Movie Review # 16 The Freebie (2010)


Release:
Director: Katie Aselton (Cyrus, The League)
Writer: Not a good sign not one listed.
Cast:
Katie Aselton
Dax Shepard ( Zakura: A Space Adventure, Let's Go to Prison)


Ratings:
Rotten Tomatoes: 58% Fresh Critics 31% Fresh Audience http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_freebie/
IMDB: 4.9/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474889/
Netflix: 2.4 Stars


Review:
Honestly I do not know what it is about Indie films and the fact that the director must act in them. It usually never works out and this film is one of those egregious examples. Katie Aselton never had command of this movie as everything was forced and staged. To the point it is a how to movie on how not to shoot and edit a film. The pacing, the writing and even the acting all was stale.

At no point do we really know if the couple played by Dax Shepard and Katie Aselton ever did their one night stand. Was it a story? Was it real? Was it just a farce to turn them both on? We never know and yet we are forced to sit through 80 minutes of this? Come on now if you want a movie about a one night stand watch Knocked Up that at least has comedic chops and is enjoyable.

This is far from it. I much rather be anal probed that have to sit through this again. Yes folks it is that bad and that awful. Some reviews say its cute and enjoyable. Hell I want what they where smoking. I found this to be a let down on all fronts. It is listed as a comedy but it is more like a crappy drama with no suspense at all. I seriously want to know who listed this movie under these categories on Netflix. Late Night comedy, indie comedy? Like Hell to the NO! This was not fun at all.

If you can avoid this at all costs. I know my reviews are sounding like warning shots. But honestly I call them as I see them. I love bad cinema when its awful and good. I can sit through Pocket Ninja's, Troll 2 and even The Room. But movies like this you watch them once and then wipe your ass with them. Because it is all they are worth and even then that is a compliment.

My Rating: 1/4 Star out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment