Paypal Donatation

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Movie Review # 126 Glenn: The Flying Robot (2010)


Release: 2010
Director: Marc Goldstein
Writer: Marc Goldstein
Cast: Billy Boyd, Dominic Gould, Patrick Bauchau

Ratings:
Rotten Tomatoes: n/a
IMDb:  3.5/10
Netflix: 2.5 Stars


Review:
Glenn: The Flying Robot has one of those titles that makes little no sense once you get into the movie. As it tells you nothing about the movie what so ever. Other than Glenn flies and that is it. It doesn't tell you that Glenn plays the piano and is a cheap bastardized version of Bicentennial Man who was played by Robin Williams or that the robots look as if they are rejects from the Robots cartoon that starred again Robin Williams.

What it does tell you is that this movie has no personality. With a plot based on revenge that materializes into nothing. Old friends who became enemies are friends again and a robot who is out to kill someone by ways of a drunken rampage by his owner. As bad as all of this is this movie has one saving grace. The music is fantastic and I honestly watched it through all because of the piano playing. Which was not only grand and beautiful it was majestic and serene.

I just I could say that about the cast and my biggest bitch is this. Why in the Hell did they get a voice actor to over Gerard Depardieu? Seriously he is possibly the greatest French actor ever and then they go and do a voice over for him. Also another complaint why does Glenn have a female voice. Talk about issues there he is supposed to be a smart bot and sounds like a hot girl. You know all of the other robots will pick on him. Yea good job their.

Now I am just being nitpicky and for that I am sorry. It is just I love movies dealing with Robots. Be it Bicentennial Man, I Robot, Robots or A.I. All of which I adore and love and I wanted to add this movie to those. Sadly I can not as I felt that this movie was heartless, boring and poorly executed at least on the animation side. The acting is bearable if not tolerable nothing more and nothing less.

Sadly that is all this movie is worth and that is tolerable. It will appease an afternoon and not make you cry for your mom. But it will not stick with you or make you fall in love with it. Except for the music which cause me to pull out my Brahms cd's and listen to them. For that I am thankful.

My Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment