Paypal Donatation

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Movie Review # 124 Care Bears: Big Wish Movie (2005)


Release: 2005
Director(s): Larry Jacobs, Ron Pitts, Mike Fallows
Writer: Dennis Schechter
Cast: Sugar Lyn Beard, Stephen Ouimette, Stacy Hoyt


Ratings:
Rotten Tomatoes: 33% Audience
IMDb: 4.4/10
Netflix: 3.3 Stars


Review:
As a child of the 80's I grew up with the Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and Transformers. So Seeing how all of these children's icons coming back brings a taste of nostalgia and a bit of dread. As I see that my beloved childhood can possibly be destroyed and maimed by today's main stream media of quantity over quality. Thankfully the Care Bears: Big Wish Movie did not ruin my childhood instead it built on it.

While not as good as the 80's TV show or movies it was definitively Care Bears complete with the sappy happy messages found in every incarnation of these love able bright bears. In this one it was about taking for granted what a Wish granted can bring you. How if you keep wishing and have it come with out thought other than wants and how it can not only harm you but others around your. This simple plot is wonderful for children as this movie brings home the message of friends and family come first.

Not wishes and material possessions and to be thankful for what you have and not what you desire. Some parents might find this to sugar coated for their tastes and give this a bad rating. As you can tell by the ratings on IMDb and on Rotten Tomatoes. But all I can say to those is my same old message. Let your inner child out people. This is made for adults and children who can find it in their hearts to let go and enjoy a family friendly film.

That is not only adorable but a perfect tool to educate you children on the ways of the world. Not a multi-million dollar production that is written to win Oscar's or their to impress the critics. Because this is not it is a simple movie for children's enjoyment and believe me the kids will love it. That is all that matters and as I am a big kid at heart. This move made me smile, it made me laugh and at one point brought a tear to my eyes.

All of which makes this a wonderful movie in my heart. So if you love the Care Bears and just need a wonderful family film. Then you have found a winner in Care Bears: Big Wish Movie.

My Rating 3.25 out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment